On the 19th July, IYA team including Prof Kambhampati Subrahmanyam, Sri DR Kaarthikeyan and Ravi Tumuluri visited Rajarajeshwari Temple and paid their respects to Sri Sri Sri Jayendra Puri Mahaswamiji, the present pontiff of Sri Kailash Ashrama Mahasamshtana. Sri Sri Sri Tiruchi Swamigal was the…
Almond Milk – Served by Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Ashrams in India
This almond milk is served to students in the Sadhana Intensive course offered by Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Ashrams in India, as they go deeper into the practice, to offer a bit of prana and to help fuel their morning practice, without overly filling the stomach. Many students claim that that their anticipation of the almond milk helps get them through their practice!
Almonds have a great nutritional value, packed with healthy fats, fiber, protein, vitamin E, and magnesium. They also benefit blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
• 25g whole almonds (about 20) soaked overnight and peeled
• A pinch of finely ground pepper
• A pinch ground cardamom
• 0.5L cow’s milk or any plant-based milk, warmed
• 1 teaspoon maple syrup or rice syrup (check if plant-based milk is already sweetened) or 9 dates
• A pinch of cinnamon for decoration on top (optional)
- Peel the soaked almonds and discard the skin.
- Place the almonds, some of their soaking water, pepper, cardamom, and sweetener in a blender and blend for a few minutes until silky smooth.
- Add the warm milk and stir or blend again.
- Serve in a glass with a sprinkling of cinnamon on top.