–The Yoga Institute Sago Chila is rich in energy, gluten free and non-allergic. It has high nutritional value. It is less in calories, reduces weight. It is good for diabetic patients. It is high in protein, which helps in growth and maintenance of cells. It…
Be blessed by the Divine
Simplified Kundalini Yoga (SKY):- Vethathiriam creating ripples of World Peace 1985 – Colorado University, USA
Overshadowed with mystery about the “Known but still Unknown” Universe, a group of scientists gathered to discuss Vethathiriam Philosophy, science and Spirituality with Shri Vethathiri Maharishi. With serenity which surpasses all the understandings, Maharishi explained the inseparable interconnectedness that knits the Universe in its entirety. The Physical Form, Spirit (Energy Particles), Magnetic Waves, Absolute Truth (Total Consciousness) and Mind are the 5 factors which are collectively called Nature and nothing can be singled out as beyond or apart from the Nature.
Stunned by the heart-throbbing philosophy and his unquestionable scientific clarity, one of scientists curiously asked – “Which university did you graduate from?” With His silent signature smile speaking volumes, Maharishi apprised, “I graduated from the City of the Universe”.
Can Individual Peace lead to World Peace?
Yogiraj Shri Vethathiri Maharishi, the visionary Guru of the 20th Century, propagated that only Individual Peace can lead to World Peace. He has given a life-guide detailing the steps, practices and techniques to achieve this emphasising the importance of living in harmony with Nature.
Shri Vethathiri Maharishi – a Common Man’s Philosopher, Thathuvagnani (Man of Knowledge), as he is fondly addressed by his adherents, was conscience-stricken by the catastrophes of the Second World War. Witnessing the distressing consequences of the war, his young and inquisitive mind dived deep into the depths of Truth and took the Noble initiative of uplifting Humanity from the pangs of misery and pain.
He emphasized that spiritual life does not mean shying away from family life rather use them as means for spiritual growth and self-realization. For more details (https://www.kundaliniyoga.edu.in/s/pages/maharishitimeline)
Fundamental cause of challenges to Humanity
Shri Vethathiri Maharishi has identified that fundamental cause for all the challenges which humanity is currently facing is due to
Lack of understanding of
- Relationship with “Society”; and
- Relationship with “Nature”
which are harming self and others.
By integrating science and religion, bridging the gap between Science and Philosophy, based on Universal understanding of Absolute Truth and reverence for all its manifestations, Harmony and World peace can be achieved.
His service to the Entire World Community:
The World Community Service Centre (WCSC) – Over 6 decades
Vethathiri Maharishi founded The World Community Service Centre in 1958. It was the beginning of a revolutionary organization by a man of great vision and determination.
He strongly believed that Peace must emanate from Individuals, permeating into the Family and spreading into the Society, Nation and finally to the Whole World.
For over Six Decades, WCSC is serving the Society and the World in diverse ways. It is a multi-faceted organization that aims at inner transformation of the individual on all fronts – Body, Mind and Soul. A multi-layered transformation of the society at – individual, family, society and world level are the major objectives of WCSC. (https://www.kundaliniyoga.edu.in/s/pages/wcsc)
Padmashri SKM. Maeilanandhan, was chosen by Shri Vethathiri Maharishi to lead the organisation and carry forward its Global vision.
He is a well-known social activist, philanthropist, industrialist and founder of SKM Group of companies, a multi-talented humanistic leader with spiritual and social acumen.
Under his leadership, WCSC is achieving its vision through its various programs, projects, educational and research activities, defying borders and reaching people at grassroot level, using technology for the benefit of people around the World.
WCSC, World Peace and UNO
WCSC was founded by Yogiraj Vethathiri Maharishi with World Peace as its Mission & Individual Peace as the means to achieve this noble objective.
1.“World Peace” a master piece of the book which analyzes in great depths causes & solutions to be worked out in diverse fields such as Political, Economic, Social, Cultural, scientific, educational etc. for World Peace.
- On 09th January 1975, he delivered a Special Lecture on Yoga and World Peace at Dag Hammarskjöld, auditorium of UN Headquarters in New York. (https://vethathiri.edu.in/vethathiri-maharishi-uno-speech/).
- He authored the 14-Point World Peace Plan in the year 2000.
- 2002 Aliyar Declaration is the proud product of the “World Congress on Global Vision & Strategies for Peace, Nonviolence & Harmony”, held at Aliyar, Tamil Nadu, India, from August 10th to 13th, 2002”. The declaration was submitted to the Director, UN Information Centre, Mr. Feodor Starcevic. The changes suggested are a beautiful marriage of diverse political, social, economic, philosophical, scientific, religious & cultural‘ ism’s for the total transformation of society. (https://vethathiri.edu.in/aliyar-declaration-2/). Augmenting the power of UNO is a fundamental change that is suggested.
SKY YOGA – (MIND , BODY , SOUL)
The soul behind the spirit of WCSC has been the life principles of the Founder, Yogiraj Shri Vethathiri Maharishi, who himself, through decades of introspection and research, systemised his teachings under the flagship name “Simplified Kundalini Yoga (SKY)”.
SKY YOGA provides a holistic way of living in very simple and scientific manner for physical and mental wellbeing as formulated by Vethathiri Maharishi with his profound knowledge in Ancient Indian Yogic Practices, Secrets of Siddha (Ancient Indian Sages) Philosophy and in the medical disciplines of Ayurveda, Siddha and Homeopathy.
He stresses that the practice of Kundalini Yoga is essential for all, and only a simplified process can bring it within the reach of everyone. Meditation consists of focusing the mind on its source i.e the Life Force and merging with it. In due course, the mind goes to subtler levels and merges with Total Consciousness.
Components of SKY YOGA – https://www.kundaliniyoga.edu.in/s/pages/skyyoga
- Simplified Physical Exercises – For Robust Health
In the human physical system, the subtle life force and the gross body are linked by three circulations: blood, heat and air. For good health, it is important that these circulations are good and undisturbed. SKY Physical Exercises are a perfect blend that balances the life energy and the physical energy, enriching the bio-magnetic potency within the body.
- Kundalini Meditation – For Electrical Energy to be used effectively, it should be channelised and utlised properly. Same way, Kundalini Energy should be balanced for human being to reap the benefits of Meditation. SKY YOGA teaches how to raise and balance this energy and also draw cosmic energy from the Universe.
Two fold moral Principles and World Peace Prayer are integral parts of every Meditation session.
Two-fold moral Principles:
I, in my life time will not give pain to others physically or mentally;
To the extent possible, I will remove the pain of others.
World Peace Prayer:
May the whole world enjoy Prosperity, Happiness and Peace!!!
- Kayakalpa – Elixir of Youth
Kayakalpa Yoga is a rejuvenating technique which was discovered by our ancient Indian Siddhas (Sages) but was lost during the course of time. Vethathiri Maharishi revived this ancient yogic practice and gifted it to the World in a simple and lucid way.
- Introspection including Divine Realisation – Enhancing the Quality of Life
a. Introspection practices along with Meditation helps in the Expansion of Mind, Manoeuvring of Temperaments, Development of values such as Integrity, Equanimity, Love, Compassion, Strength of Character, Development of Morality and Eradication of Impurities through self-analysis which lead to Sublimation and Self-Realization.
b. Brahmagnanam (Realisation of the Divine) – I is the pinnacle of realization of the Ultimate Truth and helps to understand the role of magnetism and the Unified Force of the universe and its functioning as penetrative consciousness in everything. The unfailing Law of Cause and Effect system is realized and guides us to lead a virtuous way of life.
WCSC is endeavouring continuously towards raising human consciousness through over 400 Trusts and 2200 Meditation Centres across 23 countries. Virtual Online Programs are available for Global participants in addition to Residential Programs at their Temple of Consciousness, Aliyar.
For more details: (https://www.kundaliniyoga.edu.in)
Temple of Consciousness, Aliyar, India
Decked under the enchanting peaks of Vaalparai, (Near Coimbatore, India) the sprawling 38 acres Ashram campus is cradled in the arms of Nature. The picture-perfect campus serves with modern technology and infrastructure to the residential needs of the members. Aptly called The Temple of Consciousness, it was constructed in the year 1990 where Maharishi was residing and serving humanity till he attained Mahasamadhi on 28th March, 2006 at the age of 96.
Wings of WCSC (https://www.kundaliniyoga.edu.in//s/pages/wingsofwcsc)
- Yoga for Human Excellence: includes Simplified Physical Exercises for physical health, Meditation for mental health (over 4 million beneficiaries), KayaKalpa Yoga for slowing the aging process (over 5 million beneficiaries) and Introspection Programs for Self-Realisation.
- Yoga for Youth Empowerment: is conducted for youngsters. These are specialized knowledge sharing programs for school and college students.
- Women Empowerment: Gender equality is emphasized in its programs and courses. Yoga for Women Empowerment is one such program. WISE Trust (Women’s International Spiritual Educational Trust) was formed to focus on Women and their betterment.
- Village Service Program (VSP): a unique initiative of WCSC brings social transformation, peace & economic prosperity in villages by imparting job oriented skills, de-addiction camps, counselling, hygiene & environment awareness in addition to Meditation & Ancient Yogic Practices. 225 Villages have been transformed till date.
- MoUs with various Universities, programs in Schools & Colleges for sensitizing the youth & educating them about the significance of value based living. Establishment of College of Yoga is another milestone. Global outreach through online programs is the latest step.
- Vethathiri Maharishi Yoga College, one of its kind in India, has been set up in 2017 with world class facilities, infrastructure and faculties to impart yoga education and knowledge. (https://www.vethathiriyogacollege.edu.in/)
- Research & Development – The R&D Wing of WCSC harnesses the power of human intelligence to build a transformational society:
a. In the year 1984, “Yogiraj Vethathiri Maharishi founded the “Vethathiri Maharishi Kundalini Yoga and KayaKalpa Research Foundation” (VMKYKKRF)”, a Research Wing of WCSC for intense and in-depth research.
b. In 1998, the ‘Brain Trust’ was established to bring together intellectuals of various fields to discuss the compelling issues mankind facing and work towards solutions for bringing the peace and harmony to the individual and the world. (https://www.kundaliniyoga.edu.in/s/pages/rd).
- Seminars and Conferences:
Some of the prominent conferences /seminars conducted till date:
a. On 21st March, 2003, A Seminar on ‘Interlinking of National Rivers’ was conducted at Aliyar, Temple of Consciousness in the presence of Yogiraj Vethathiri Maharishi and the then Committee Secretary Shri. Suresh Prabhu (MP).
b. A seminar on “Vethathiriam Concept of Gravity and Cosmology” was held in January, 2003 in the campus of Temple of Consciousness, Aliyar, and Tamil Nadu.
c. National Conference on Yoga Research was held at The Temple of Consciousness, Aliyar on 26th & 27th August, 2013.
d. Annual SKY Doctors Conference (SKY DOCON) – 8 conferences have been conducted till date and there are plans for more such conferences in future.
WCSC Milestones & Accomplishments
- 400 Trusts and 2200 Meditation Centres across the globe – (https://www.kundaliniyoga.edu.in/s/pages/vmcy)
- Over 4 million – SKY members
- Over 5 million – Kayakalpa Yogis
- Mass Meditation of Five Great Elements & Planets in Local and International languages
Observances at WCSC and its Trusts/Centres:
- January, 1st – World Peace Day and World Peace Prayer in all the Meditation Centres around the world.
- June, 21st – International Yoga Day
- August, 30th – Wife’s Appreciation Day
- August 14th – Founder’s Birthday