On the 19th July, IYA team including Prof Kambhampati Subrahmanyam, Sri DR Kaarthikeyan and Ravi Tumuluri visited Rajarajeshwari Temple and paid their respects to Sri Sri Sri Jayendra Puri Mahaswamiji, the present pontiff of Sri Kailash Ashrama Mahasamshtana. Sri Sri Sri Tiruchi Swamigal was the…
by Anliveda Yoga, Associate Centre, IYA
The Triangle Pose, also known as Trikonasana, can be called a “yoga essential”. This pose is suitable for all age classes to perform, and beneficial for beginners as well as advanced lovers of yoga. The Trikonasana became quite popular among all those who struggle with obesity, one of the modern lifestyle diseases, effecting more than more than one billion of the world’s population. This pose helps effectively with weight loss. Firstly by stretching the thighs, hips, and hamstrings, where excess weight can accumulate. Further, the Trikonasana improves digestion and relieves constipation and bloating by stimulating the abdominal organs, decreasing belly fat. Additionally, this pose decreases stress and anxiety, thus it reduces stress eating as one root cause of overweight. A properly functioning digestive system acts like a guardian as it eliminates waste and toxins from the body, which is key in weight management.
Let’s have a closer look how to perform the Triangle Pose accurately:
- Stand erect with feet together
- Spread the legs more than shoulder level gap, let foot 90 degree angle
- With inhalation raise the arms up and make a 180 degree line with the arms
- Exhale, gradually stretch the body towards the left side, keeping the arms in a 180 degree line gazing up
- Inhale and come back up slowly by bending the knees and repeat the same on the other
- Side with the right foot in 90 degree angle.
- Perform the same on the other side. Be aware that the purpose is performing a stretch, not bending to touch the ground.
Note: This asana should be avoided by people suffering from severe back pain, shoulder injuries, abdominal hernia and hypertension.