On the 19th July, IYA team including Prof Kambhampati Subrahmanyam, Sri DR Kaarthikeyan and Ravi Tumuluri visited Rajarajeshwari Temple and paid their respects to Sri Sri Sri Jayendra Puri Mahaswamiji, the present pontiff of Sri Kailash Ashrama Mahasamshtana. Sri Sri Sri Tiruchi Swamigal was the…
Served by Kaivalyadhama Yoga Institute
This herbal tea is served to students and healthcare participants and visitors at Kaivalyadhama Yoga Institute. In COVID times it was also distributed to police personnel and front line workers locally. This herbal tea has the goodness of lemongrass, basil, ginger and mint. Its potent antioxidants strengthen immune system, protect cellular structure and delay effects of skin ageing. It is great for relieving anxiety, lowering cholesterol, relieving pain and inflammation. It also provides relief for nausea and dizziness.
Ingredients (for 1 serving)
Ginger – half tablespoon
Lemon grass – 2 inches piece
Basil (Tulsi) – 6/7 leaves
Mint – 4/5 leaves
Black pepper – pinch ( Optional)
Honey/Jaggery water – 1 spoon (Optional)
- Peel the ginger and grate or cut into small pieces.
- Wash the leaves of lemon grass, basil and mint, and boil them with ginger in little more than a glass of water.
- You may add black pepper powder if you wish.
- After 5-7 minutes, strain the tea in a cup.
- You may add 1 spoon of honey or jaggery water if you like. Enjoy!