On the 19th July, IYA team including Prof Kambhampati Subrahmanyam, Sri DR Kaarthikeyan and Ravi Tumuluri visited Rajarajeshwari Temple and paid their respects to Sri Sri Sri Jayendra Puri Mahaswamiji, the present pontiff of Sri Kailash Ashrama Mahasamshtana. Sri Sri Sri Tiruchi Swamigal was the…
Yoga Certification Examination
by Dr Charu Sharma, Yoga Technical Manager, Indian Yoga Association Personnel Certification Board
There has been a staggering rise in the number of individuals and centers offering yoga courses and yoga instruction over a couple of years in India. In order to keep the parameters of yoga in check and develop its standards, the government has set up a Yoga Certification Board (YCB).This board would also certify the yoga instructors and provide accreditation to such institutes. AYUSH Ministry felt the requirement of Quality Certification of Yoga Professionals at three levels all over the country & different part of world. i.e.
- Level 1 (Yoga Protocol Instructor)
- Level 2 (Yoga wellness Instructor)
- Level 3 (Teacher & Evaluator
Indian Yoga Association which was founded by the legendary Yogi Padma Vibhushan Late Dr BKS Iyengar, is a maiden effort made by all leading yoga institutions following lineages of more than 25-30 years to bring together all institutes of Yoga under one umbrella who are committed for promotion and advancement of yoga and its application around the world.
For Promotion of Yoga IYA has taken an initiative to make Personnel Certification Body approved under the Scheme for Voluntary Certification of Yoga Professionals owned by Yoga Certification Board (Formerly was owned by QCI) launched by Ministry of AYUSH. IYA has created an independent entity within itself named as IYA PrCB by giving functional autonomy to it.
This Ministry of AYUSH certificate is a credible proof for your expertise in Yoga given by Ministry. The certification is globally recognized. Certificate holder can function as Master Trainers in Yoga educational Institutions, Yoga training Courses and training programs as per certificate level achieved. Level -3, candidate can also act as Evaluator and assessor of Yoga professionals and can teach in studios, institutions, colleges/ universities/ institutions of higher learning.
How to apply for the examination-
- Candidate should see the syllabus first(www.yogaiya.in/iya)
- After checking the syllabus of particular level, one should select the date of Examination from examination Calendar which is available at Home Page of YCB website. (www.yogacertificationboard.nic.in)
- Check the date, respective PrCb and level of examination.
- Complete the registration process. It will be completed in two stages: –
Stage 1: Enrolment with Yoga Certification Board (YCB) and
Stage 2: Application for assessment
- On successful enrolment with YCB, the candidate will be provided with unique enrolment number which will be valid for life long and will be used for future reference.
- Exam will be conducted at said date and center mentioned by respective PrCB.(Note: exam date may get postpone if the minimum number of examine are not available for particular center on the said date)
- Admit card would be generated online at candidate’s dashboard before 15 days of examination.
- The result of the exam shall be declared within 30 days of conduct of exam.
Pattern of examination-
- Any candidate applying for the certificate has to appear in both the exams – Theory and Practical.
- The theory exam will comprise of Multiple Choice questions.
- There will be no negative marking in the written examination
- Practical shall include Demonstration, Teaching skill, Therapy skill, Evaluation skill, application of knowledge and field Experience as per the categories of certification.
- Candidate absence in either of the theory exam or practical exam will be considered as fail.
- The candidate has to secure qualifying marks(70% marks) both in theory and practical independently.
- For more details please check the IYA (PrCB) website.